Thursday, October 15, 2009

Test 1 scores and distribution

Here are the scores for the first test.

4-digit ID raw score pctscore
0924 22 62.9%
0968 28 80.0%
5919 28 80.0%
8332 25 71.4%
4435 30 85.7%
6277 23 65.7%
3730 32 91.4%
4377 23 65.7%
7942 26 74.3%
5022 26 74.3%
3779 29 82.9%
4924 24 68.6%
0247 18 51.4%
5922 32 91.4%
6978 25 71.4%
1397 24.5 70.0%
4148 24 68.6%
4554 32 91.4%
7142 31 88.6%
7640 21.5 61.4%
1706 30 85.7%
1706 30 85.7%
2000 32 91.4%
0889 31 88.6%
9361 24 68.6%
5728 27 77.1%
6767 24.5 70.0%

average 26.759 76.5%
median 26 74.3%
mode 32 91.4%
stdev 3.8289 10.9%


I hope the above is legible. Column one is your last four digits of your banner ID, second column is the raw score out of 36. The third column is the percentage score which is your raw score divided by 35 (allowing for a bonus point).

The average is a bit below my target of 80%, but not that bad. The standard deviation is very close to the ideal 10%. So in spite of what I may have said in class, the scores are not that bad.

Here is an approximate grade distribution. Remember one thing: I do not enter a letter grade into the grade book, only the raw score. The number in parentheses is the frequency of occurrences of observations in this range.

(6) A: 30.5 and higher
(7) B: 26.5 - 30
(11) C: 23 - 26
(2) D: 19 - 22.5
(1) F: 18.5 and lower

Not bad at all.

The homework assignment has been posted in the I-drive. I made a few notes and changes from the problems in the text. It is best that you try to get that document.


You may pick up your test, as well as a hardcopy of the homework assignment if you drop by my office. Friday I have class at 10:10 otherwise I should be around until early afternoon. Monday I'm available mostly 11-3:30, I may be out for a lunch break in the noon hour. Otherwise, I'll hand back the tests in class on Tuesday.

Again, I'm very very sorry for the delay.

Remember, your next test is Thursday, Oct. 22.

No comments:

Post a Comment